an excerpt from an ad in the Weekly Standard this week.
CAIR is the Council of American Islamic Relations - a Muslim Brotherhood/Hamas associated PR group.
We, the undersigned American Muslims, have long known
the true character of CAIR and its allies. Therefore:
• We observe that they denounce “terrorism” in general terms but not the specific
actions of Islamist groups like Hamas or Hezbollah. They denounce violence but not the
ideologies behind it.
• We observe their commitment to radical aims, their attempts to chill free speech by
calling critics of radical Islam “Islamophobes,” and their false, ugly accusations against
moderate American Muslims who disagree with their agenda.
• We reject any claim that CAIR and its supporters are legitimate civil liberties advocates or
appropriate partners between the U.S. government and American Muslims.
• We congratulate the FBI for adopting a firmer attitude toward CAIR, as a defense
of Americans of all faiths from the menace of radical Islam, including Muslims of all
backgrounds—Sunni, Shia, Sufi, secular, etc.
• We call on the U.S. Department of Justice to affirm and continue this decision.
• We call on the entire United States government to follow suit in rejecting relations with
the Council on American-Islamic Relations.
Dr. Kemal Silay, President, Center for Islamic Pluralism, www.islamicpluralism.org
Supna Zaidi, Assistant Director, Islamist Watch, www.islamist-watch.org
M. Zuhdi Jasser, American Islamic Forum for Democracy, www.aifdemocracy.org
Imaad Malik, Fellow, Center for Islamic Pluralism
Dr. Ahmed Subhy Mansour, International Quranic Center, www.ahl-alquran.com
Khalim Massoud, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nawab Agha Mousvi, American Muslim Congress and Center for Islamic Pluralism
Kiran Sayyed, Council for Democracy and Tolerance, http://cfdnt.com/
Stephen Suleyman Schwartz, Executive Director, Center for Islamic Pluralism
Dr. Jalal Zuberi, Southern U.S. Director, Center for Islamic Pluralism
Contact: Center for Islamic Pluralism, 1718 M Street NW #260, Washington, DC 20036, 202.232.1750